Tuesday, July 19, 2005

U-GOD: 7/18/05

(You know, when I started doing this Goat thing, I didn't figure on doing it this regularly.)

It's hard to judge a batting coach. Especially for me. But last night, the batting coach managed the last 3 1/3 innings of the game (I think that's who the announcers said was managing). Well, in the bottom of the 8th with one out, Shannon Stewart was on first after Wendelstedt had yet to throw a strike. Matthew Lecroy was coming up and I had hope. But in his first managing decision, Scotty Ullger called Justin "Struggling" Morneau to bat. Hope was lost, and "Struggling" hit the first pitch into a double play. Righty/Lefty whatever, Gardy was sitting Morneau for a reason, and to put a guy looking for a headcleaner into that position didn't feel right.

Even if Ullger didn't make that decision last night, the team isn't hitting worth anything and it's his job to see that the team hits. Goat either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home