Monday, May 29, 2006

Matt Guerrier



Matt Guerrier had a good chance at his first career win yesterday, coming in to a tie game late, but the Twins didn't bother scoring until someone else would get the decision. Matt is now 0-4 for his career in 68 appearances.

1. What did Matt do to tick off the baseball gods in such a trivial way? (One baseball god to another: "Okay then, he'll be able to pitch well enough for relief, but no wins!")

2. I don't even know where to find this, but what pitcher has the most appearances without a win? Who went the longest before their first win? And what active player has the most appearances without a win?

3. I want to do something big to commemorate Matt's first W when it comes, but I don't know what it should be. I would kindof like to buy a jersey, but I don't really have the money for that. Does anyone know where to write fan-mail? Maybe I could just have C make him a drawing and mail it to him.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd like to hear what that appearances without a win record is, too.

(AMR, do you comment on Deadspin? "Oh, how I'd love to be invited into that fold," he says fishingly.)

12:47 PM  
Blogger amr said...

I do comment on deadspin.

I was a first-day invitee to the comments as I had informed Will that the reason the Cleveland Rockers (WNBA) chat room on some sports site was free to use for other purposes was that the team was disbanded two years prior.

I usually only comment on baseball bits, specifically "The Closer" as I'm not the farky kind of guy to keep plugging running "You're With Me Leather" jokes. I'll see what I can do.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understood. :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger amr said...

Mr Hess,
I need your e-mail address.
I am reluctant to give out mine.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home