Saturday, June 17, 2006

Leave of Absense.

I think I have a lot of minor things to say, but I'm going to be busy studying for some professional exams for the next few months, so i don't know if I can really keep up with things, so this will probably be my last post for a while. I'll keep commenting at SBG.com though.

1. I like the way the Twins have been playing lately. I'm excited to watch games and see how they turn out. I'm not thinking anything about the postseason, I just want this team to win games, and a lot of them. If they could win 85 or so games and come in third (or even fourth) I would be very happy. I don't want to think what might have been with different personnel, I just want the winsand exciting games.

2. Watching snips of the NCAA baseball tournament and Roger Clemens in AAA, I've seen and appreciated white caps. How come no MLB teams have these? They look great with white home unis. I was thinking about what teams could fit one into their unis seamlessly and came up with: the White Sox. White cap with Black "Sox" and Bill. Can't wear it with the black alt unis, though. Detroit and Cinci could obviously work, too.

3. Cat Osterman and the Texas Longhorns Softball lost their third game of the WCWS two weeks back and were eliminated. This was her senior season and so now she's done. There is a small pro league, but I don't know if she's interested. She'll probably play for the US team, but the US and Canada so overpower the rest of the world that it's hardly competitive.

4. I'm trying out soccer a bit. Not sure what I think. I've decided Ecuador is my team because their unis are great and they look to be good enough to win a few. Yellow shirts, blue shorts, red socks, and they look just like the country's flag.

5. I'm thinking of a new statistic for relief pitchers, but to put it together, I need inherited runners and IRs allowed, and I can only find that in the individual players' breakdown. Does anyone know where I can get full team of (preferrably) league stats with IRs in it. I've checked a few sites in addition to Yahoo, MLB.com, and ESPN. Sportsline has IRA, but not IRs.

3 Comments:

Blogger frightwig said...

Back in the '60s and '70s, the A's manager and coaching staff used to wear white caps with green bill. I recall the Reds in the '90s wearing a white cap with red pinstripes and red bill, too. (Search "Barry Larkin" in Yahoo Images for a look.) The Brooklyn Dodgers sometimes wore white caps with blue bill. Of course, the White Sox used to wear white caps with dark bill through the 1910s. If you catch one of their Sunday home games this season, you can see them wearing white caps that are a rough facsimile of the design the Sox wore in the 1917 World Series.

2:05 AM  
Blogger frightwig said...

AMR,

Follow this link: http://www.dugout-memories.com/
capsteam.html

Click on "Cincinnati Reds 1869" and tell me why the Reds ever abandoned that design.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Author, respect 2 you. Bookmark! :)

buy diet pills online pharmacies


cheap new diet pill that works


Good Bye!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home