Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Roger Clemens

Sportscenter is talking about Clemens maybe having signed with the Astros for the remainder of 2006. Just got me thinking... I hope he goes into the hall of fame as a Blue Jay, with the Ugly 90's cap and everything. Something about that would really amuse me. Also, I want Clemens to sign with the Rangers to see what happens to him in the ballpark. If he can keep his ERA down there, he should sign with the Rockies for the second half of 2007.

I don't really like the guy but I realize he's the best of our generation and he would've got my NL CY vote last year. Too bad he was never in the same division as Bonds.

6 Comments:

Blogger frightwig said...

It's still a (mostly) free country, I guess, and more power to Clemens for doing just what he wants to do. But I wonder how many other players could get away with taking off 2+ months of the season, even if they're All-Stars or Future Hall of Famers, without being ripped by the fans and media.

If the Astros wind up missing the postseason by 5 games or less, would it be fair to blame Roger?

7:29 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Go Rocket Roger cause your really gonna ROCK!!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger amr said...

I think it'd be fair to blame Roger for coming back at all and getting their hopes up. He's not under contract and he doesn't owe them any games until he's on the roster. I think if it was an all or nothing choice, he'd have gone with nothing, and retired with a 1.87 ERA in his last season. (I still can't get over that... 1.87 for a 42-year-old starter! Wasn't he flirting with 1.00 until tiring down the stretch?)

I think he should keep going at least until he posts an ERA over 3.00 for a season.

If he averages 8 IP per game, would he have enough IP for the ERA title?

9:23 PM  
Blogger frightwig said...

Imagine the possibilities if Roger and Cat got together and reproduced.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She could be his kid! (If her name was Kat, I'd wonder...)

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Bad! Stop!

Also, Cat's a Lefty. You'd end up getting a kid that couldn't pitch with his right hand (like Cat) and couldn't pitch with his left (like Roger). Or, maybe you'd get a kid like that switch pitcher I saw in uniwatch (double-thumbed glove).

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my sell structured settlement payment site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home