Thursday, July 07, 2005

On to Kaufman!

1. Man, what a great series, except for the fact that the Twins lost 2 of 3. Great, close games. Good young pitching. Vlad. Mike Redmond. But now we're back to 10.5 games back, when it easily could've been only 8.5. Damn.

2. I felt like blaming this loss on Brad Radke, for teaching the other great pitchers how to serve up homeruns, but decided against it. If I wake up in a cold sweat tonight, I'll be mumbling "pitch around Garrett."

3. If FSN wants to ad one or two more games to its schedule next year, the west coast afternoon games would be a good choice. Get home from work to watch the last 3 innings, catch Ryan getting thrown out at home.

4. Who was announcing in place for Gladden? I'm guessing Jack Morris, but never heard his name.

5. Is it bad that I'm excited that Lohse is getting back on the mound? It's always right when we start to trust him again that he turns in a bad outing. Hopefully, my prediction about Lima doesn't show up a game late.

6. Please, no one tell me who won "Dancing with the Stars." I taped it so I could watch it with E & C tomorrow night. It's light, entertaining fluff that my toddler really likes and I don't mind.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gene Larkin was the Gladden fill-in.

8:09 AM  
Blogger amr said...

Thanks anon!

11:53 AM  
Blogger frightwig said...

what is "Dancing with the Stars"?

6:08 PM  
Blogger amr said...

"Dancing with the Stars" was a TV show in which A and AA celebrities coupled up with professional ballroom dancers for an American-Idol-like wekly elimination contest. The Final was Weds night. Celebrities were: "J. Peterman" from Seinfeld, Joey from the New Kids, Evander Holyfield, Trista from the Bachelorette, Rachel Hunter, and a female soap star. It wasn't "good" but it was as painless as it was mindless. Good summer TV. Network TV equivalent of the Homerun Derby or Competitive Eating on ESPN.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home