Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Carl! Many people have disagreements with you on the things you tried to do and failed at. I don't care that much, as you've had a nicely selective nature with failure (failing at the things I prefer you fail at, succeeding at most of the rest). What I do know is that you give me a baseball team that makes me very happy and I don't give you a whole lot. I've attended 4 games in five years, don't believe I've ever bought anything advertised on broadcasts, and only have four small pieces of officially licensed merchandise. Plus, I think our goals are nicely aligned right now: winning and a pretty stadium not far from where I work. Here's to your continued health and success on and off the field this fall! Once more, happy brithday!

1 Comments:

Blogger frightwig said...

You do a lot for Carl: you've given his team free promotion for much of the summer, and you do it better than the people he pays to handle the job. You're also indoctrinating your daughter with a love for Twins baseball, helping to ensure the future viability of his business even after he's shuffled off this mortal coil.

Providing you a competitive baseball team is the least he could do for his part of the bargain.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home