Monday, August 22, 2005

Off-Black

To explain my comments on team colors (and lack thereof), I consider "Yankees Blue" to be a shade of black. Specifically, "Off Black" or "Bruise." I don't know of any colors closer to black than that, except for black itself. Go to http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ and look at the most recent photo gallery (featuring the White Sox) and honestly tell me you can see a difference between the Sox caps and the Yanks caps.

I was not saying that they were bad uniforms, I actually think they are damned nice, especially compared with the ugly that the White Sox can do with the same premise but sleeveless on the home "alt2" jersey. I personally don't like it when teams don't have players' names on the back of Jerseys, especially road jerseys, but it bothers me a whole lot less when the Yankees do it as opposed to the Giants or Dodgers or whoever the hell else has started that crap.

I just realized that I am less sympathetic to a team with no colors in their jerseys and that I include the Yankees in that list. And the Rockies are getting dangerously close to that point, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger frightwig said...

I agree. I don't care what they call it, the Yankees wear black.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:50 AM  
Blogger SBG said...

Names on Jerseys:

My opinion? No names on the homes. Names okay and preferable on the roads. The hometown fans should know their players.

Another thing. Alternative jerseys, if you are going to wear them, should look decent with the pants. I like the Twins blues, but they don't match the pants very well. I prefer to see the Twins in whites at home.

8:12 AM  
Blogger amr said...

Names on Jerseys:
Realizing that on average, just under half of the people watching a game are fans of the road team watching on TV, I think names on home jerseys are preferrable. Especially during the interleague schedule, when the players are usually someone you've never played before. I can probably guess half of the AL from the combination of face/team. But the NL? Maybe 1 in 8.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home